The changing season means it is time to revamp your home decor in the latest fall styles. If your budget is tight, DIY-ing can be a great option — but it may seem daunting if you’re not the craftiest crayon in the box.
Thankfully, there are some simple, affordable projects that can be done regardless of skill level. We’ve outlined some of our favorite Pinterest-inspired DIY projects that can be done in a few easy steps. Plus, you can find everything you need for these projects on OfferUp:
- Give vases a pop of color: Glass vases can be used in countless ways, from displaying a bouquet of flowers to making a wonderful centerpiece. Bring vases to life by lining the inside with a coat of paint of your favorite color.
- Repurpose mason jars: Clean up your bathroom countertop by filling mason jars with cotton balls, Q-tips and makeup brushes. This is a great way to declutter your bathroom and keep your items organized. You can even give your mason jars some personal style by tieing a burlap bow around them or using chalk paint.
- Use wooden crates for storage and display: Rustic crates can provide a unique storage option at home and are easily customizable. They can be stacked on the floor or hung up as a shelf in the living room. Display your books or plants on them and your decoration is complete.
- Brighten up your wine bottles: If you’re having a backyard BBQ or party, don’t spend a fortune on table centerpieces or lighting. Instead, repurpose an empty wine bottle and fill it with a string of LED lights. Once the sun goes down, the bottles will light up your backyard and tables.
- Turn your bedroom dresser into an entertainment center: If you’re not looking to spend money on a new entertainment center for your living or game room, try repurposing your dresser. Remove some of the drawers, give it a fresh coat of paint and add wicker baskets for storage.
You don’t have to be an expert DIYer to breathe new life into loved spaces in your home. With the right tools at your disposal — like OfferUp and a few step-by-step Pinterest guides — you’ll look like a DIY pro!